Becoming a tutor was the best part of my college experience.
Okay, maybe thats a stretch, but since I became a tutor my life has forever changed. I have been a private tutor for six years, and I cannot imagine my life without it. Although tutoring is not my only job, it is a huge passion, and an integral part of who I am.
My style of teaching is positive, interactive, and consistently tying into my background in Earth Science and oceanography. (If you would like to learn about my scientific work, click here!)
Whether your student needs inspiration, assistance with basic concepts, guidance to get into a top university, or someone to do day to day homework with, I would love to help!
- Math (3,000+ hours of experience)
- Pre Algebra
- Science (1,500 hours of experience)
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Study Skills (see my main blog page for plenty of resources, as well as my Etsy which sells planners and organizational tools for students)
- SAT / ACT prep (500 hours of experience)
- I am very grateful for Paige and all of her help she has given me over the past two years. Her extensive knowledge and passion for learning has inspired me to work hard and strive to excel. Paige is a wonderful mentor and tutor, I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a great teacher and friend. Lulu, 11th grade student
- “Paige had the ability not only to improve student performance and build confidence in her students, but also became an honorary member of the families she tutored. I loved working with her, and give her my highest recommendation.” Rae, former boss, Leading Edge Tutoring
I have been a math and science tutor for over 6 years, tutoring from ages 5 to 50 and all levels of math and science (including college courses) My client base has encompassed over 60 families and I recently reached over 5,000 hours of one on one tutoring. Aside from my tutoring job, I double majored in Physical Geography and Earth Science at UC Santa Barbara. After Santa Barbara, I was a visiting scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. Currently, I am a PhD candidate at UCLA, studying biogeochemical cycling in oceans, as well as a mentor to high school age students looking to improve upon public speaking and leadership development in STEM fields.
My range of professional and academic experiences all play a role into my tutoring style. I draw upon real life applications and earth science principles to take learning beyond merely finishing homework.
Fall (August- December 2019)
West Los Angeles and Skype
If you need a time not listed here, get in touch!
“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” Carl Sagan
As a tutor I have always respected the time and dedication of my students and the families I work for. I am lucky to say my clients treat me the same way. I have a simple cancellation policy to ensure last minute changes don’t detrimentally impact me or your student.
For in person tutoring: any cancellation made with 8 hours of the tutoring session will be charged for the full session.
For Skype tutoring: any cancellation made within 6 hours of the tutoring session will be charged for the full session.
For families establishing tutoring on a regular basis, package discounts are available. Please call or email me for a quote 🙂
$100 an hour in person (single session)
$60-80 an hour (weekly/ biweekly sessions)
$60 an hour via Skype
*Please see travel policy
I will be beginning tutoring in the area of West LA in August 2019. For any homes that are outside of the West LA area (Palms, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Westwood) an additional charge may be made for commute time.
nine zero nine 816 6532